Sunday, August 29, 2010

Roses are red, violets are blue.....

Cows too snorty and broncs not quite enough.
Top horse, top hand....we like it, don't get me wrong.

These rodeos are just so darn tough.
We must get 2nd or 4th place for how long?

What I'm talking about is the Old Settlers Reunion Ranch Rodeo in Roaring Springs, TX. Last night we competed there in hopes of winning first place and qualifying for the World Championship Rodeo in Amarillo in November. Tripp and Riley did take the Top Horse and Top Hand awards which is super great.

Ok, so now I'm done with the "it's alright if we don't win" attitude. I'm darn tired of getting second or fourth place. Here's how we've done this year, just to give you a better idea of why it is starting to get a little frustrating.

June 4-5, 2010 - Wild Horse Prairie Days - Haskell, TX - 4th place
June 11-12, 2010 - Panhandle Cowboy Classic - Gruver, TX - 4th place
June 25-26, 2010 - Colorado Championship - Hugo, CO - 2nd place
August 7, 2010 - Maverick Ranch Rodeo - Cimarron, NM - 4th place
August 13-14, 2010 - Big Bend Ranch Rodeo - Alpine, TX - 2nd place
August 28 - 29, 2010 - Old Settlers - Roaring Springs, TX - 2nd place


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Well, I cant say I know how you feel. But I can say, I'm pretty sure we won't be at the finals this year. Unless a miracle happens! Ha! Had fun visiting last night. Time to plan a visit to the ol Rancho.